Monday, September 14, 2009

Shop Hop and Retreat

Saturday I spent the afternoon driving from one quilt shop to another following the Tri-State Shop Hop bunny path. I was able to visit 7 of the twelve shops. What a drive.

My first stop was Sew-Ezy Sewing Studio in Sharonville, OH. They had a demonstration of a quilt as you go process that I really like. I pickup up the pattern and fabric bag and the gave out a goody bag. There was a pattern that I will have to go back for. It was like trick or treat. Along with water and pretzels they included a coupon for a local restaurant and a body shop. The restaurant is one of my favorites and very close to where I work.

Next stop was Aunt Ruth's Quilt Shop in Sharonville, OH. I had been in this shop before and was glad for a return visit. They are super friendly and have a great selection of fabrics. They have recently moved to a new location and have more room for their class studio. I have attended their 2nd Saturday night sew for all and really enjoyed the interaction.

Glendale, OH was my next stop at Stitches. This is the store that I originally had my first quilting classes at. They were in Fairield, OH, but relocated to a lovely shopping center. While I was there I saw a jacket that would be perfect for me after being altered to a vest. I recently completed my CCW and need vests to cover the holster. (Yes along with everything else I am proficient with firearms.)

After the first three shops I had a long drive to Dry Ridge, KY. The Quilt Box is located in a very old farm house on a working farm. They even have a pond that husbands can fish as long as they release any catch they make. I was enchanted with the shop and while talking to the husband of the owner he mentioned Japanese fabrics. These are regular quilting fabrics with traditional quilt motifs. Not the usual Japanese pagodas and kimono dressed women. I overheard two staff members talking about how several patrons have purchased this fabric to make clothing. I will definitely have to go back.

I will continue this later.

1 comment:

mary murrah said...

Wow! Sounds like a great. I sell quilts at grammysquilts.com, but am looking to find other products to sell also. I must find a quilt shop near Memphis TN to visit. Thanks for the inspiration. Mary Murrah