Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Roman Shades Class

Yesterday morning I took a 4 hour class on how to make a Roman Shade.  The instructor, Pamela M. Damour ( www.pamdamour.com ) was fantastic.  A kit was included in the class and we started with two pieces of fabric and all the attachments.
There were five of us in the class and we each proceeded at our own pace.  It had advantages and disadvantages.  Those who were working ahead were able to get more hands on assistance with Pam and the rest of us were able to view and be prepared when we go to the next point in construction.
The kit created a 24 by 36 Roman Shade.  Now I have to find a 24 by 36 window in my house.
I already have plans on taking the draperies in the two smaller bedrooms in our house and remaking them into Roman shades.

I know that this is really not a quilt, but it fits with my UFO's.

Have a blessed day.

No comments: