Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wheel of Mystery -- Quilt University

On January 2 I started a new class at Quilt University. It is called Wheel of Mystery. The pattern is also called Winding Ways and various other names. On January 9 we got our second lesson.

I have chosen to do a series of different red fabrics one each for the "flower" of the pattern and use black as a background. I am slowly cutting out the red fabric. I have four completed and need 11 more. I may start piecing the blocks together this weekend.

My recover from surgery is progressing. I came back to work on the 5 week anniversary of my total knee replacement (one week early) and will get a final full release on January 20. I haven't tried to drive yet as the knee is the right one and that is used from breaking and acceleration. I will wait for the total release and very dry roads before my first drive.

I have a very full day ahead so will cut this short.

God bless you and keep you safe and happy. Karen

No comments: