Monday, February 15, 2010

Working on changing the family room to a studio - update 1

This weekend I was really into working on the family room. I put together a table that I bought two years ago for the studio and started using it. (The table actually is meant for a patio, but it works very well as a place to sort things as I clean up the family room.)

I moved all the Christmas wrapping stuff into the storage area in the basement. I found an old vaporizer for cold vapor and took it upstairs (we are in a bi-level) to clean and set up as the static electricity is getting bad. I found a box of old papers and sorted it. I have about 1/2" of papers to file and the rest is going into the recycle bin for next week's garbage pick up. I put some gardening things together in one box instead of two. When the snow gets a little easier to walk through I will move the box to the shed. On second thought I think I will move all the gardening things into the garage. I think we will have to do some major remodeling of the shed this spring and I don't need to move things more than twice!

This may not sound like a lot, but my family room is 65F degrees and that is cold compared to the 69 to 71 upstairs. Once I get a space cleared out for the heater it will be better, but I want it in the open for safety. I also want to move the couch from where DH thought it was best (with the back to the fireplace) and start a fire. That will also help heat the family room.

There still isn't enough room for the quilting frame. I cannot make up my mind whether to set it up for a king size quilt or set it up for a queen size quilt. There is a difference in the length of the rails and ultimately the width of the frame. This is a decision I have to make before I order it and also it depends on where I set it up in the studio. Decisions!

Have a great day

No comments: