Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March OVQG Guild Meeting

I met such an interesting lady yesterday evening at Guild. I didn't catch her last name but her first name is Ellen. We had a lovely conversation about knitting and quilting and sewing in general. It was so nice to connect with another member of Guild. I would love to connect with her again.

One of our moving forces in guild Carrie is moving to Alaska. What a loss to our guild. She has been a motivating force in the 5 years of membership. I am going to miss her both as a guild member and a mentor.

Several people approached me and said hello. I was pleasant, but I don't want to get involved with that group again. They may think I have changed, but I haven't changed. I have evolved through two crisis with DH and almost lost him both times. The first time they dropped me like a hot potato because I was not pleasant to be around. Anger is my first reaction when I am handling a very difficult situation. In the fall of 2008 it was very stressful and I was very angry.

I can be pleasant to them. I can interact with them. However, I hesitate to ever trust them again. It is sad to have lost people who you thought you could count on through think and thin.

Back to guild. We had a wonderful speaker this month. Although her style of quilting does not compare to mine I took away some very sound advice. ACCURATE 1/4 INCH SEAM ALLOWANCE! I also like her new line of patterns. They are of women of different cultures. I hope to pick up one or two and make them from my stash. Yes, you heard me right. I am willing to cut into my stash to make some small wall hangings.

Have a blessed day.

No comments: