Monday, March 15, 2010

I have a quilting frame in my house

Friday the Hinterberg Original Machine Quilting Frame arrived in two separate boxes. I opened the small one and it contained the aprons for attaching the quilt to the frame.

I am debating on whether to finish the wood parts of the frame. There are three possibilities: leave it unfinished, use polyurethane to seal it or paste wax to protect it. I cannot decide. I think I will google it and see what other quilters have done.

During the weekend one of the bookcases was almost emptied. As soon as it is ready to move I will put it out of the way in the downstairs bathroom (temporarily). The area behind this bookcase needs in depth cleaning as it hasn't been moved for almost three years. After this is completed I will empty the other bookcase and put it at the foot of the stairs. I am not sure what I will store in it. Currently it is a combination of quilting stuff and books by some of my favorite authors. The authors can go upstairs in the bookcase with my other favorites and then I can decide what to put in it. I purchased two Sauder bookcases and a desk along with lamps when I first decided to turn the family room into a studio. I wonder if now is the time to pull out the bookcases and start using them? I think I need more work done in the room before I add any more furniture...including the quilt frame.

Have a great day

No comments: