Friday, June 13, 2008

Have you missed me?

I haven't updated my blog in quite a while. Too busy at work and then have caught the e-Bay bug. So far I have spent almost $1000.00 on fabric and one pattern. Now I have to get to work making these purchases into quilt tops and other things.

Speaking of other things I saw the cutest adaptation of a 5" square last night at a birthday party. Two 5" squares were sewn together without a binding with the two bottom corners cut off as if a 2" half square triangle had been removed and the edges where the corners had been were sewn together. It was a scissors holder and if it had been made in orange with green handled scissors it would have looked like a carrot. Words cannot describe it and I don't have a picture.

We were celebrating J.W.'s 60th birthday. What a hoot! It was a surprise birthday party and she hadn't a clue. The food was great, but the conversation and show and tell was even better. It was a new way for us to bond over our quilting without pulling out a piece of thread or fabric.

The party favors were 5" squares of different fabrics rolled up in a ribbon like a napkin ring. You do remember what cloth napkins and napkins rings are, don't you?

I am starting to gather some things together for my new sewing/quilting studio. I haven't measured the room yet, but I know some Sauder bookcases are in order and I have a pattern for a special sewing table that I purchased from Keepsake Quilting. All I have to do is clear out all the stuff from the family room and start creating a floor plan and move everything from my current cubby hole. I should be able to report that it is finished sometime in the next few years. I do move slowly.

Have a wonderful weekend. Karen

No comments: