Monday, June 23, 2008

Report of the NQA Annual Show in Columbus, Ohio

We had a great time. There were four of us together in the car and we split and mingled at the show. I spent way too much money...haven't even looked at the receipts yet. Then we cruised around some of the local quilt shops. I got a steal on some glittery fabric at one shop and found a paper piecing pattern at another.

Basically we shopped until we dropped and dropped in at the Olive Garden for dinner. Then we went to another LQS. We didn't get home until after 10 PM. What a day.

I had a shopping list of the things I wanted to pick up at the convention. I got the most important one. Starr Designs has a pattern for a paper pieced quilt top called Fairy Dust. They didn't have one at the show, but sold it to me and will pay the shipping costs to boot. They had the fat quarters for the quilt top and I debated for almost two hours before buying two of them. The only other purchase will be for the background fabric and I can get that at my LQS.

They had the Body Rite Posture Support at the shop but the price was more than I was willing to pay. I have since checked the internet. One place had it for 25% less, but the shipping cost took it right back up into the impossible. Maybe I can find one on e-bay and save some money. Must put a favorites search into place.

Have a great day.

No comments: