Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guild was fun last night!

Our quilt guild met last evening. DH was so concerned about my driving to the meeting and back. I did fine. But, and there always is a but, I should have taken him up on his offer to drive me. My pulse rate was up too high to sleep until almost 4 this morning. 2 hours of sleep is not enough!

The meeting was just what I had hoped for. The show and tell had a lot of Shashiko quilts and the students of the class from Sunday brought some of their work to show as well. The speaker is a member of guild and she gave her "Memory Quilts" presentation. There were times when I wanted to cry and other times when I felt inspired to new heights by her endurance. I think she was talking about another class in the future. I would surely like to go.

Guild is planning a trip down memory lane next meeting and they asked if we would bring in quilts that had special meaning to us; either our first quilt or one with special background or one that had been made by a family member. I signed up to show my great grandmother's "Grandmother's Garden" quilt. I have been hand quilting it since forever. Maybe in the next month I can get some more done before the show and tell. It is a precious quilt to me and one that will never get used. It will be stored and displayed in a safe environment.

Several members of the guild came up to me and we had wonderful conversations. My old "friends" of course avoided me. I don't continue to attend the guild because of them, but because it is where I belong. I learn and get inspired by all the members!

I found out that the group that was sending quilts to the maternity center in Alaska are not doing it at the present time. Such a worthwhile effort and so special to the mothers. I may have some fabric and patterns that I had set aside for future quilts and can put them to good use. I will ask Jerri if she will give me the address and I might just send up some quilts on my own. That would make the people at the center and the mothers feel so special. I love doing that for others!

With the restrictions the cardiologist put on me for the next two weeks I cannot make more than one trip downstairs each day. The one for today is done. Tomorrow I will get out GG quilt and look it over. Let's see if I can make it a little more presentable to my guild members.

Have a great day and keep on quilting.

No comments: