Monday, May 4, 2009

Ohio Valley Quilters Guild May, 2009

Tonight is Guild meeting. James has promised to take me if I don't feel up to driving that far. I had an angiogram on Friday. The results are that I have a wonderfully strong heart and no repairs are needed. Guild will be just the thing to bring up my spirits. I am so limited in activities and cannot lift even my sewing machine. Looks like fabric and a rotary cutter are going to be my next best friends for the next two weeks.

Over the weekend when I was comfortable sitting up I started cataloging my quilting magazines. I wanted to use a database, but found that just a single spreadsheet on Excel will do just as well. I am listing each article. The columns are Magazine Name, Volume, Number, Issue, Publication Date, Article, Page, Regular Articles, Special Articles and A Flag if it is a project or article that I know at this time I want to go back and look at. It takes a while to enter each magazine, but in the long run it will be like a card catalog in the public library and very useful. I plan on entering my quilt books as well so that I have everything in one place. How organized LOL.

Tomorrow I will ask DH if he will get out my sewing machine and put it on the table for me. Maybe I can start sewing as well as cutting.

Have a great day and smile at someone.

No comments: