Thursday, November 6, 2008

Coming Home

DH will be coming home tomorrow morning. I will pick him up at the rehab center at 8:00 A.M. and have him home before 9:00. Once his he settled in and comfortable about being home with only Max & Roxie to keep him company I will be going into work for the remainder of the day.

I already have supper planned for tomorrow. Pork roast, potatoes, carrots and corn. Since the weather is supposed to be cooling I will be making home made dinner rolls as well. This will be a celebration dinner to pass all others.

This weekend we need to visit MIL and get her on the path to a nursing home. DH has been very worried about her the last four weeks and so have I. There is a nice nursing home within one mile of our house and we can visit daily or more often if needed. She has been fighting this for years, but now is the time to do it before she has another bad fall. Then I will have both of my patients to care for and watch over. With the help of the nursing center staff I am sure that MIL will be fine as long as we visit regularly and at different times during the day.

Tomorrow evening after supper I am getting out the fabric for MIL Christmas present quilt. I have a lot of fabric cutting and piecing ahead of me. If I can get all the pieces cut out before we leave for Gatlinburg then all I will have is the piecing to do while on vacation. Navajo Tears needs additional piecing but DH has become so observant that I don't think I can work on it when he is present. This presents a bit of a dilemma. This will take some thinking about. Maybe I can get DH to promise to look the other way so I can work on it. LOL It's worth a try, don't you think?

So many UFO's and so little time between now and Christmas. I have my work cut out for me. Fortunately I have a 4 1/2 day weekend the week of Thanksgiving. I hope to get DD quilt under the sewing machine for the next phase of quilting. I am fairly sure that Navajo Tears and MIL quilt will have to be tied rather than standard quilting. The time frame is too tight otherwise.

If you cannot tell I am in a better mood than I have been in a very long time. DH is showing signs that almost indicate that the dementia was mis-diagnosed. Only time will tell on that. The neurologist said not to come back for 3 months. We will see what happens in the meantime.

Have responsibilities to get back to. Have a great day.

No comments: