Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Now are the days that all quilter's fear

Tonight I have to make my final decision on what to take on vacation. We are very limited as to space yet I want to take a weeks worth of sewing with me. What a delemia. I know I will take the fabric and patterns for the quilt top I am making for my MIL. I know I will take the fabric and pattern for the quilt top I am making for DH. I can see the possibility of one other project. No batting. No backing. Just the tops, the notions I need for the specific projects and my sewing machine and it's table.

We are planning some shop wandering while we are in Gatlinburg. DH wants to get a new Buck Knife. I want to visit two quilt shops. Other than that, if the weather is good and there is a trail that is handicap friendly I want to go into the Smokey Mountains National Park for a walk. I love the park. I have visited two of the waterfalls in the past. I realize that seeing another at this time is not possible. Neither of us can walk that far and I cannot push a wheelchair over the paths that go back that far into the park. I will settle for the peace and quiet and the sounds of nature. When I visualize a peaceful scene it is always this park or the property my parents used to own in northern Michigan. I love the sound of the wind through the tree branches and the sounds of birds and squirrels. Let's leave the porcupines and skunks out of it. They are too dangerous for my taste.

Have a great day and praise the Lord for all good things.

No comments: