Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Guild Meeting

I turned in my Sew to Win block and picked up a new Kid's Komfort kit at Guild meeting last evening. It was good to see my friends from Guild. I am the website support person and our president announced my request to be provided with updates for inclusion. Some of our members are hesitant about updating their areas in the website and I want to give them the opportunity to include their information without needing to update the website directly.

There were 25 blocks finished in the Sew to Win category. Unfortunately I was not the winner, but I am still going to continue to contribute to the Sew to Win process. I am sure that the winner was just as excited when she found out as the winner last month. I picked up two blocks this month. Each is a wreath with a Christmas color set. They look like they will be fun to make. I certainly have enough green and red fabric that I can make my own quilt top if I do not win at the December meeting.

After the major cleanup and rearrange at our house Saturday, I have reclaimed my corner in the living room for quilting and logically stored quilting tools so I can start quilting again once DH is home. Today is his big road trip and after I drop him off at the rehab center I hope to have some R&R time at home. I have some things to put away from grocery shopping and a load of laundry to fold and put away. Then maybe I can continue working on "Navajo Tears". There is some pressing to be done and I have about 50% of the blocks sewn. I would like to get most of the blocks finished before DH returns home. Then I can put the blocks together and finish the top when he goes to bed before I do. Otherwise his Christmas present won't be a surprise.

Have a great day.

No comments: