Monday, November 3, 2008

Sew to Win Block

I finished the Sew to Win Block for Guild last night. It turned out really pretty. I hope I win this month, but have learned some new techniques that will be valuable in the future.

DH has been in the hospital now since October 10th. This has been the longest month in my life. He almost died in the first 24 hours and was on a ventilator to help him breath from 10:00 am on the 10th through 10:30 am on the 14th. He was in Intensive Care from the 10th through the 13th and in Telemetry from the 14th through the 17th. He transferred to a rehab facility on the 17th and I had him pulled out of there and transferred to Drake Center on the 23rd because of the poor care he was getting. Drake has him truly on the road to recovery! For a while there I thought I was going to be a widow before my 14th wedding anniversary. Now James is more lucid that he has been in months and is aware of thing around him that he missed totally. There has been some definite memory loss during the time just prior to his illness, but his dementia symptoms have reverted to those when he was first diagnosed. He has made progress that I think will impress the doctors to the point he will be allowed to drive. I am already acknowledging that I will be a passenger in a car he is driving. What a change!

DD and SIL spent Saturday helping me prepare the upper level of our bi-level home for DH to return to. Whether he is in a wheel chair or a walker he will be able to move from room to room with no difficulty. We moved furniture to make additional space between traffic areas so the house is more invalid friendly. God bless my daughter and son-in-law! They were so much help! I still have some minor cleaning to do between now and when DH returns home. It will be a breeze after all the assistance provided by the "kids".

I am looking forward to Guild this evening. Terry Tope will be our guest speaker. Her speciality is reverse applique and I cannot wait to hear her speak. She taught a class this weekend that I was not able to attend, but I am sure some examples of students that took the class will be shown during the meeting.

The Sew to Win block for the next meeting is a mystery. I cannot wait to see what they have planned for us. The President's block for our former president should be announced shortly. I definitely want to contribute to that. Also, they should be announcing shorting what quilt teachers will be visiting and teaching for Guild in 2009. I would like to that one or two classes if possible.

I need to get back to my responsibilities. Have a nice day.

No comments: