Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 9, 2008

I am frazzled. The last 9 months have taught me skills I didn't know I had and gave me friends that accept me as I am or show me how to better myself. At 60 I didn't know I could learn so much.

SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR MY WOES.
July was the month my husband, James, was injured in an industrial accident. After two surgeries for his left shoulder he is still undergoing physical therapy. This was not the first time he had been injured, but it was the last straw and he finally admitted that he could not longer work. Fortunately we had good advice from doctors and lawyers and he was awarded Social Security Disability.

In January he was diagnosed with the onset of dementia. We have been going through the various drugs and therapy's to try a slow a down hill slope. He seems to be holding his own.

Then in February he fell and all four quads in his left leg were torn. After surgery he tore them a second time and the surgeon put him in a full leg cast to save him from additional damage. He just started physical therapy on his leg two weeks ago. That is 12 to 13 hours of P.T. a week.

MY WOES ARE OVER
I have been quilting on and off for 50 years and have fallen in love with the art all over again. I have joined a quilt quild, gone on three quilt retreats and am looking forward to another retreat in less than two weeks. Quilting has been a haven for me to relax and rekindle my spirits.

Also, in the last three weeks I have discovered a new author (to me) in Louis L'Amour. I just finished the Sackett series and am now readying his short stories. What a wonderful gift of writing this man had. Here I am a woman and I am just as in to the western skills of the frontiersman and the boxing skills of modern man as any other reader of the male gender.

Now it is time for this tired woman to put the dogs out (2 Rottweiler's) and climb into bed for a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Juryizstillout said...

I'm sorry that your husband had so much trouble.

Will be praying for you both.