Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My birthday present

Last night James and I went out to choose my birthday present. I had asked for a ring with my birthstone in it. My birthday is in March and the stone is an aquamarine. Well...we spent much more money than I had planned on, but I have my ring on my finger and it is beautiful. I have such a wonderful husband!

Still no time for quilting. That will stop on Thursday. We are definitely going on a short road trip this weekend. I was raised in Michigan and we are going to take a tour of some of my favorite places from growing up. Of course I have been checking for quilt shops too. I figure that we can do a touristy thing and wear out James and then a quilt shop for me to R & R in. We will be leaving Thursday afternoon about 2:00 and returning Sunday. We are taking both dogs with us. Max and Roxie really like road trips, but this is the first time we have taken Roxie and stayed in a motel. It should be a real experience.

James will be taking his laptop with him so I plan on providing some notes about the quilt shops as we travel.

Gotta get back at packing the office.

Karen

No comments: