Monday, April 28, 2008

A quiet weekend

After a very quiet weekend the moving week has arrived. I work for a large insurance company and they just completed the third tower of our complex. The first was occupied in 1986, the second in 2000 and now the third in 2008. They haven't started the fourth yet, but there are six in the original design. I will be working hard to purge obsolete files in my office and packing what will be in the new office. I hope to change from the "cluttered look" to the "professional office look" with nothing on the desktop but the current project. Since this is totally out of character, it should be a real shock to myself and my co-workers. Not much quilting will be going on this week as my hands will be really tired. In case I havent' mentioned it, I have rhuematoid arthritus and although in remission somewhat, my hands are really easy to injure.

I have finally gotten all my quilting stuff from the retreat downstairs in the house. I was going to do a quilting/washing machine marathon yesterday, but got caught up in a Louis L'Amour novel and couldn't put it down. Instead, I did a kitchen/reading marathon and wow I found my counters. You know the phrase "everything out on the counters"? Well I have counters again. I even made three pots of ice tea for my husband and baked brownies. I am quite content with the results. Now if I can get the final two counter areas clean I can start the next phase of kitchen remodeling. I need a new floor.

Tonight I have a get together with Quilted Chaos, a group of members from Ohio Valley Quilters Group (OVQG) and I hope to get a table runner cut out. It is based on a Timeless Treasures pattern available on the internet that uses a fabric with stripes. I cannot wait to get it cut out and get started on it. Today I will be working on cutting out additional blocks from my Patchwork Party Spring 2008 quilt during my lunch break. I have decided to get the blocks cut and then set the quilt aside for my October quilt retreat.

Well, I better get to work purging and packing my office.
Karen

No comments: