Monday, October 27, 2008

Quilting again

It has been three weeks since I worked on my quilting at home. I did attend my neighborhood group on the 3rd Wednesday of October, but otherwise I have not picked up a needle or run the sewing machine. Last night I did some pressing of blocks that I am working on and tonight when I visit DH I will be working on my Apple Core wall hanging. The rows are all finished and now I have to sew them together. I think this is going to work out nicely. I need a piece of fabric for the background. I will be appliqueing the 5 by 5 cores to another piece of fabric. I would love to find something with apples on it, but that may not be possible.

If DH gets out of the hospital in time we are going to Gatlinburg for a week in mid November. I am already planning 3 projects to take with me. I will have to limit my quilting gear as we are taking the dogs with us. Have I introduced you to Max and Roxie? Max is a 95 pound black Labrador mix and Roxie is a 93 pound AKC registered Rottweiler. They do take up the entire back seat of the car so the trunk will be packed from top to bottom and side to side.

The timeshare we are visiting has an inside water park so swim suits/trunks will be in order. Both of us will be taking advantage of this I am sure. We have to get in shape for Orlando in April. Again that will be a trip with minimum quilt gear because the dogs will travel with us then too.

So many plans and such a positive attitude. I have my DH back (we almost lost him totally) and I am in such a happy place!

Have a great day.

No comments: