Monday, April 26, 2010

Are you getting tired of Dutch Breakfast Club?

I finished squareing up the HST in red and sewed the final pinwheels together Sunday evening. The next challenge is to sew the sides to the newest pinwheels. After that is completed I will sew the dark HST and med light HST to the rectangles. Once that is completed I will sew the top, center and bottom strips into blocks. I believe that I have in excess of 25 blocks to sew. At a finished size that will be 40" by 40".

There are still additional fabric to sew more HST and rectangles. That will determine the size of the final project. A lap quilt needs 56 blocks to finish up a 56 by 64 lap quilt. I definitely have enough fabric for that. A standard / queen size quilt needs 192 blocks to finish up at 88 by 104. I think that the queen size is beyond my current stash. However, I bought the red and background fabrics within the last 8 weeks and it should sill be available at my LQS.

All depends on my desire for a new quilt in the master bedroom. Also, it would be the 2nd quilt on my new quilting frame. I have no intention of it being the first!

Have a great day

No comments: