Monday, April 19, 2010

Dutch Breakfast Club

We had a blast Saturday morning. As we sew together each month we get to know each other better. We talk about everything under the sun. It is so wonderful to have quilters as friends.

Breakfast was brought in by Carol F. and enjoyed by all. She made a sourdough, egg, cheese and Italian sausage casserole. WOW. It was great.

Then we got down to business. We had a show and tell for two of our members who had finished the tops of the Mexican Fiesta Eggs Breakfast Club. One quilt top was in muted pinks, greens and yellows of the tropics. It was beautiful. The other quilt top was a black background with brown and blue for the blocks. It was very Amish and the blocks floated on the fabric. WOW. Beautiful quilt tops.

I continued to work on my half square triangles and started putting the center of my blocks together. At 12:30 I had to clean up for the next class coming in.

During the evening at home I continued sewing and cutting half square triangles. I have enough fabric for about 80 full blocks but I think I will go with 56 blocks to make a twin size quilt top.

Since Monday is Wash Day I will be washing laundry tonight after work and continuing my homework from Breakfast Club this evening after work.

Have a great day

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I have looked into the trap you suggest. I think it's my best option, if I want to have chickens again.

Happy quilting!