Saturday, April 24, 2010

More Dutch Breakfast Club

Friday I finally finished the half square triangles in red. I started sewing them together and then realized that I had sewn the wrong side together. There were almost 20 HST to unstitch but I got it done. After I finished the HST in red I sewed them together to create a pin wheel. A little more unstitching and I finished up with 12 center pin wheels.

Then I started sewing the top row together. I pieced all the light blue HST to a background rectangle. The I pieced all the medium dark blue HST to the other side. I chain pieced them all.

Next was to chain piece the background rectangle to the pin wheel of red HST on both sides. I got all the pin wheels that were done fastened to the background rectangles before bedtime.

This morning I made 50 more red HST for pin wheels. At the rate I am going this is going to be a queen sized quilt top. I would love to have the top totally pieced before the next meeting of the Breakfast Club in May.

Have a great day

No comments: