Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back again with a fire in my belly ("Working Girl")

The 2nd Alaska Baby Quilt "Trip Around the World" is in the process of having the binding stitched on by hand. I hope to have this finished prior to the end of the day on Thursday. The Alaska baby quilts will be handed over to Jerry at our Guild meeting.

From here on my baby quilts and other donation quilts that I purchase the fabric for or from fabric that has been given to me will be donated to the Linus Project here in Cincinnati. I have several ideas for quilts for the Linus Project and cannot wait to get started.

Packing is progressing for my quilt retreat this weekend. Since DH has pulled out of his deep depression and I have made arrangements for individuals to check on him while I am away and the retreat is only 20 minutes away from the house I feel confident that all will go well while I am getting some respite. For those of you who are not care-givers respite is a chance for the care-giver to replenish soul, mind and body while knowing that the person they are responsible for is being taken care of by responsible other people. My daughter is coming over to the house Friday evening. I still have to set up the visiting nurse to visit on Saturday and I am good to go.

Have a great day, Karen