Monday, October 6, 2008

October Retreat

I did make it to the retreat. I made some progress on my new quilt "Navajo Tears". I have 50% of the HST squared. I started putting together the individual blocks and putting the HST in a random order around the center square. I will continue to work on this after DH falls asleep each evening. This will be his Christmas present.

DH requested that I make a quilt for his mother. It is designed with a cross in the center and several blocks that will complement the cross. I picked up the fabric Friday afternoon after lunch at the retreat. Tonight I plan on printing out the instructions for the various blocks. I will work on this when DH is awake.

I have completed the 2nd Baby quilt for Alaska in the Trip Around the World pattern. I will be turning in all the quilts and tops for Alaska tonight at the guild meeting. I will be renewing my membership for the guild this evening as well. I don't know if I can be absent from home for the hours of the meetings, but want to continue my membership regardless. Of all the neighborhood groups that I have been involved in, I hope to continue to attend one of them. The others will have to wait until I am no longer a care-giver on a daily basis. I will no longer be able to leave DH alone in the evening.

My neighbor across the street is keeping and eye on DH while I am at work. I believe that adult day care will be necessary in the near future. DH is getting less and less able to be left alone for long periods of time.

Have a blessed and peaceful day.