Monday, July 21, 2008

Another top finished and another top started

I finished the top for the Alaska quilt and added a border. It is all ready for layering and quilting. Then I started "A Trip Around the World" for the Alaska maternity quilt project. I cut ten fat quarters into 2 1/2" by 22" strips and then started sewing the strips together. I need 6 pieces 3" wide out of each panel that is number 1 through 10. Then I need 4 pieces 3" wide out of each panel that is number 2 through 1 and so on. I have the 1-10, the 2-1, and the 3-2 rows done. When I have all the rows done I will put a single piece 2 1/2" by 3" between a 1-10 and 10-1 row and have the top row of the quilt done. Once I have completed the top and made sure that my directions are workable, I will post them here.

I have two of these baby "A Trip Around the World" for the Alaska maternity quilt project to do. Boy will I have a show and tell at the next Piecemakers group meeting.

Tonight is the mid month gathering for Quilted Chaos. I still don't know what I will be doing there. Have fun and talk with my friends most likely. I wish I had some binding to fasten on a quilt but I am no where near to that process on any of my projects.

So far I have been able to keep most of my promise about keeping ths living room and dining room straight on a daily basis. Last night I had to leave my iron out because I forgot to turn it off after my last strip was ironed. I will have some picking up to do tonight when I get home from work, but I can do that while I cook supper for DH. I did some major inroads into the kitchen this weekend. Only two mor surfaces to work on and then some major scrubbing and I will be done. The next cleaning project will be the landing between the the stairs. I do progress, but slowly.

Have a nice day, Karen

No comments: