Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sweet & Sour -- Happy & Sad

Last night I continued working on my NICU Trip Around the World quilt top. I have the right side together and ready for final pressing. I have the rows for the left side ready for pressing before assembly. I may actually get the top finished this evening. I also set down a larger baby quilt with the Trip Around the World pattern on graph paper. It looks like 9 fat quarters will be perfect. I am going to JoAnn's this evening after work and take advantage of their $.99 sale of FQ and pick up some pastels and baby prints that will work well in 2 1/2" by 3" rectangles. This is going to be fun!

My daughter called yesterday on her way home from work. We were discussing this and that and I mentioned that we wanted her, her husband and our grandchild to come over for a visit. She said that as soon as I finish cleaning the kitchen they will come over. They haven't been in the house in almost 8 years. I am finally feeling better after all these years of poor health and the house is starting to look like a home instead of a collection of stuff. Stuff has ruled my life for far too long and I am getting the better hand of it. Before I went to bed last night I actually picked up everything that was mine in the living room. Now I have to continue this on a daily basis and start working on DH to do the same. If we can keep it clean and straight on a daily basis it will stay that way. Oh, I pray we will succeed on this!

Tonight along with finishing the top of the NICU quilt I need to cut out the fabric for one of my Alaska maternity hospital charity quilts. It's going to be 6.5" squares and 2 1/2" strips sewn together to make 6.5" squares. I am not sure how I will alternate the strips blocks. Will have to get it up on the design wall to make sure what is pleasing.

Tomorrow is the big day. DH and I will visit our primary care doctor. I have many concerns that I will be addressing during this appointment. DH driving, DH applying for conceal to care permit, DH using credit cards, DH not remembering, DH getting lost, DH etc..... Fortunately the doctor is on James side and also has been through it with his own mother. I know he will give us good guidance. If only DH will follow the recommendations! Pray for us, please.

I have to get to work on my Patchwork Illusions homework. I have all the fabric, the value finder and the template. I have no excuses to be procrastinating on this! All I have to do is sit down and do it. My classmates are getting too far ahead of me. I think this will be my Friday project after work.

Yesterday I received not so good news from Hancock's of Paducah. My fabric for the background the of Fairy Dust quilt is on backorder. Oh, sadness and woe.

I must end this and get to work. Have a wonderful day, Karen

No comments: