Monday, July 28, 2008

Success oh what sweet success

The top for the baby quilt for Alaska maternity hospital in the Trip Around the World is complete. I could only find one of the two FQ's that I needed. So I improvised. I used fabric glue stick and a very light interfacing and glued the remainder of the FQ to the interfacing. Then I cut a 2 1/2" strip balancing the interfacing evenly on either side of the strip. It worked out perfectly.

I only had to "unsew" one more set of squares that was out of order and finished the top and ironed it. I have one more with different FQ's to make and then off to JoAnn's for backing for both quilts. How exciting.

My reqular Monday night group Quilted Chaos is not meeting this month. The hostess is on vacation in Washington, D.C. Therefore I have the entire evening to cut out the 2nd Trip Around the World and proceed from there.

This weekend is a Q.U. cyber retreat. I have sent myself three goals. 1) Organize all my fabric. 2) Organize all my projects. 3) Layering finished tops to start quilting. If I finish these then I will start somthing else. I do not think my DH will like my cyber retreat. When I home he wants my attention. It must be hard not to have any hobbies or things that he can do. Here he is stuck at home 24/7 with nothing but two dogs to play will. I would go crazy! Thank God for quilting.

My trip to JoAnn's on Saturday after our visit with my MIL was amazing! Between all my coupons and the sales and my AQS 10% discount I purchased $122.00 for only $61.00. What a bargin. I still have my 40% coupon left and it doesn't expire until August 9th. I wonder what I will do with it?

Have a nice day, Karen

No comments: