Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pictures sent & house cleaning

I used my husband's digital camera and took several pictures of my fabric for Patchwork Illusions. After cropping one I sent it to Quilt University. Karen Combs recommended that rather than keep them in the same color, to arrange them by value.

I finally gave in and ordered the value lenses and Karen's diamond template to work on my homework in this class. I cannot wait for them to arrive.

On the home front we got everything out the dining room, living room and hall and had Stanley Steamer come in and clean the carpets. They look almost new except for the few stains that could not be removed. I am going to wait until the carpet is totally dry and try Oxi-Clean in a concentrated form and see if I can get out more.

The new couch was delivered yesterday evening and it looks so large compared to the old one. Because I had to take all the books out of the book cases in the living room and hall we had no bed to sleep in last night. Stanely Steamer recommended that we do not load the book cases until we remove the block underneath. That depends on how fast the carpet drys. Tonight I will replace the books after we remove the blocks from under the book case and then we can sleep in our own bed. The new couch is quite comfortable, but it is not going to become a regular thing!

The new dining room table will be picked up this weekend on Saturday or Sunday. No more card table to dine on! Hooray.

I am laying down the law to myself and DH that we will not dump anything in the living room or dining room and that they are to be kept neat at all times. Also, the frequency of dusting and vacuuming will be more often to keep it all clean! This is my new year’s resolution in July. LOL.

After I get one more room into my austerity program I will start on my sewing room /studio remodeling. I cannot wait, but have made a promise to myself that there are priorities and the studio comes second!

Have a nice day, Karen

No comments: