Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Progress on Trip Around the World

Last night I set out the sewn strips for this quilt top. I cut two additional 2 1/2" strips of each of the ten fabrics. Tonight I plan on sewing the strips together and cutting the individual rows to see how my plan of 10 FQ to make one Trip Around the World baby quilt will come out. I will cry if I don't have enough fabric.

Yesterday was one of DH bad days. He is so depressed. He asked me to set up the necessary paperwork for a will, durable power of attorney and a living will. I will be taking care of this in the next week. He is certain that he will not live much longer. I cannot figure out how to comfort him. His left leg is so swollen above the knee where the quads were reattached and it scares him. I am believing the doctor when he says that the new brace will help this area heal. James thinks he is facing amputation. Off the pitty pot!

Earlier this week I was talking to my non sewing daughter. She has always said that she would never take up quilting. I think she is slowly changing her mind. HIP HIP HOORAY!! I would love to share this adiction with her. She is very good in the crafts that she has taken up and I believe that with very little instruction she will become an excellent quilter.

The only regret I will have is giving up one of my sewing machines. My mother left DD her sewing machine, but I have had it in my home for over 10 years. That will take me down to only seven sewing machines. I currently have my great grandmother's antique treadle machine, a antique treadle machine I picked up at a garage sale, my MIL Singer in a cabinet, a portable Singer that I purchased from a co-worker, a cabinet Singer purchased from same co-worker, my original Sears Kenmore machine, my DM Montgomery Ward Signature machine and a Singer 9410 that a friend no longer needed and gifted to me. What a wonderful collection.

I cannot wait to get started on my sewing room/studio. Myrna Giesbrecht will be offering her Studio Makeover soon through her website. She no longer teaches at Q.U. I am sure many students will miss her, but it is great that she is taking some of her classes and providing them on her own.

Oh, bye the way, when I took the NICU free class at Best Friends Quilt Shop they mentioned they were going to start a Dear Jane Club. I cannot wait! This should get me back on track with my tiny squares.

Have a great day, Karen

No comments: