Monday, July 14, 2008

NICU Trip Around the World

Saturday the patterns for the Fairy Dust quilt arrived. I have only to wait for Hancocks of Padducah to send me the background fabric and I will be ready to start this quilt. It will be my first major project with paper piecing. What a ball!

Yesterday I went to Best Friends Quilt Shoppe for a free class. It was a Trip Around the World in a small size to be donated to the NICU. I had a ball.

It was a totally new pattern to me. I had seen it in pictures, but to try and construct it was a real trip. That plus the directions didn't seem to go with the finished project. The instructor finally made the instructions work and I got most of the right side of the quilt top sewn together. I was very careful when packing the strips so that I can put them up on my design wall and have them in the right order to sew together. As soon as I finish the entire quilt and take it in I will be entered into a drawing for something from the shop. Since it is a really nice LQS I hope I will win something. However, the main reason for this was to learn to make the smaller quilt. I intend to send some of my quilts based on this pattern to our maternity hospital in Alaska that we donate baby quilts to.

We are finally in our own bed again. Yesterday my DH and I finished clearing off the books from the master bed and we finally had a good night's sleep. I feel totally refreshed! And James used his CPAP and didn't snore all night long. While we were camping out in the living room he snored every night.

We picked up the new dining room table Saturday at IKEA. It looks so nice, although it is under a table cloth. Even though it is considerably smaller than the old table it seems larger. Maybe that is because it is 45" in diameter and the old table was 36" by 60". I love the new table.

Thursday is Piecemakers and I have to cut out some fabric for an Alaska quilt. I think I will also cut out fabric for another baby Trip Around the World and work on both Thursday evening.

Have a great day, Karen

No comments: