Friday, July 18, 2008

Quilt top completed and another started!

Last night at Piecemakers I finished the quilt top for the NICU "Trip Around the World". It turned out really great. The only problem I encountered was the way I had been instructed to press the seam allowances. I will never, never, and never press my seams open again. The points where the rectangles came together were not even close. From here on I will always, always and always press to the dark fabric so that the seams will click into place and the points will line up. Now all I have to do is a border, layer, quilt and bind. All??? My binding clips arrived from JoAnn's so I am ready to go. Hooray!

I really got on a roll last night and started my next Alaska maternity quilt. It is a simple 6.5 block surrounded by three 2.5 strips sewn together and cut to 6.5. Then all it needs is arranging and putting together. I got 4 rows of 6 together. After I looked at it I think another block will be needed to make it big enough. It was to be 5 blocks by 6, but I think 6 by 6 is really needed. Fortunately I have enough fabric to do this.

This weekend I have two goals. 1) Make my kitchen as neat and clean as my mother always kept her's. She was a fanatic about clean kitchens! 2) Get the rest of the books into the bookcase.

After these goals are met I am going to quilt to my heart's content. I have been granted a reprieve on my Patchwork Illusions class. The next class I am signed up for at Q.U. is going to be delayed because the teacher is having surgery. This gives me more time on the Patchwork Illusions homework. Everone else in the class is having such success and I want to be included!

Have a great day, Karen

No comments: