Monday, August 25, 2008

Childhood

I was just thinking about my childhood. Raised as an only child with parents that were unable to show emotions, but were always ready to fight I think I turned into my parents at an early age. I can sink myself so deeply into a book or a craft like quilting that I am unaware of my surroundings.

To escape reality in this way is both good and bad. Good because I can go to a zone where I am content and relaxed and the worries of the day are forgotten. Bad because I do not face reality and do not interact with those I love the most. I think I need a doorbell on my zone.

I certainly was handed a wake up call by some of my guild members. I cannot call them friends any longer, but I will admit that I have gotten to know them much better than I would have liked to. They have pointed out my faults to the Nth degree and have made the choice to isolate from me until I change my attitude. Being that I am 60 years old and rather set in my ways, change is difficult to say the least. Right now I am thinking over my opportunities and deciding what I am going to do. I probably will not post my decisions, but, then that is my option.

The old rhyme below sort of sums up what I have been thinking:

Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving.
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

I am a Friday's child. I was born on Good Friday at 1:20 A.M. To think that I was born on the day that Christians honor the memory of Christ being nailed to a cross to there suffer and die is awesome. I am so fortunate to have a Saviour that knows me through and through and is willing to forgive me for my sins and offer me a way to salvation. My spiritual life is becoming more and more a part of my daily and hourly thoughts. Forgiveness was so hard when I was young. I wanted to get even with anyone who hurt me. Now after 60 years I know that forgiveness is the easiest thing to do. Giving God the choice of how He will handle wrongs against me and how he will lead me down the path of righteousness is a blessing. I do not have to do anything but follow his lead. He will make sure that the path is laid in front of me and gives me the choice to follow. May I always follow the path to His glory.

Have a great day, Karen

No comments: