Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wednesday and sorting

Yesterday during lunch I reviewed two more of my back issue quilting magazines. It is amazing how many ideas we can come up with when using the inspiration of other quilters. Sometimes it is an unusual color combination and sometimes it is a technique that we had never experienced. I am blessed by the quilter's before me and I know it.

Last night I availed myself of several quilt patterns that are free on the Internet. I am in the process of deciding what project to take to a retreat that I will be attending in October. Since my time between now and the retreat will be taken up in quilting and binding several baby quilts I feel that several small projects that will give me completions would be the best choice.

Oh, and I will take one large project that I can wonder over at the same time. If I finish the small projects then I will have something very new to start. How exciting. I cannot wait to see my friends that I made at the retreat last year. I am looking forward to catching up with their lives.

Today at work I am setting up all the necessary database tables to track claims from Tropical Storm Fay. After that I will be documenting everything I have done so that the auditors can review the project. What used to take 30 minutes to do now takes about four hours to document. Such is the insurance industry and the government.

Have a great day, Karen