Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monday and Quilting

I had so much fun last night. I spent the entire evening going through quilting books that I had checked out from inter-library loan. Four dealt with longarm quilting. Two on purchasing a longarm machine and frame and two on how to set up your own quilting business. Having had three businesses of my own in the past I was checking up on the differences between them and quilting. Did you know that if you earn more than $400 per year in quilting services you have to include it in your income tax? I never knew that before. Also, if you want to charge off your expenses you have to set up a business and keep books and file a separate income tax for the business as well as your personal income tax. All information for me to file away for the future. I do know that I will not do any quilting for money until after I have retired from the insurance business. One job at a time is all I want in my life right now.

Along with the longarm quilting books I also looked at two that deal with fat quarters as the basis for quilts. They were very interesting and I may purchase these two books in the future. In the meantime I am getting most of my quilt patterns from my quilt magazine subscriptions, back issues of quilt magazines that I am purchasing from E-Bay and the Internet. There are so many free quilt designs on the Internet that I may never purchase another quilt book. Not!

I am super busy at work today, so will have to cut this short.

Have a nice day, Karen