Friday, August 29, 2008

Thursday Evening

Surprise: I have more magazines about quilting than I thought I had. I was clearing off a chair in the dinning room that I set various "stuff" on at the end of each day and I discovered almost 20 issues of various quilting magazines. I am in seventh heaven!

EQ6 has a free software program to use as a database and I am cataloging my quilting books in one database and my quilting magazines in another database. Looks like I will have some data entry to do this weekend.

This is the beginning of a three day weekend. I have informed DH that I have planned out the entire weekend. It may be selfish, but sometimes caregivers need to do exactly that even if they are not on a respite. (For those who do not know what a respite is, it is time away from caregiving with no responsibilities but to take care of yourself. It is a time for reflection, healing and rest.)

I will digress only this far. Yesterday I had an appointment with my primary care physician. He treats me and DH. I told him about my quilt neighborhood group and how they had told me I am no longer welcome in their group. My doctor said, "Tell them to go to H---. They have no idea what you are going through. Until they have to deal with what you are handling they have no right to make any statement or to treat you with disrespect."

Have a great day, Karen