Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday Successes

This morning I measured all the walls and doors and windows in the family room. I also measured some of the furniture and office equipment. I set up a room diagram of the family room as it exists now. Tomorrow DH will be asked to help me with the remaining measurements. Friday I had the 36 hours flu and today he had it. So much for my plans for this weekend. But I still had successes.

This evening I catalogued all my magazines that I currently have scattered about the house and put them into the magazine holders that I bought at IKEA. I have filled eleven of them so far and still have more to go. I also catalogued my printed quilt patterns from various websites that have free patterns. I guess I am showing my age as well as my mistrust of computers when I have to have paper instead of saving to a hard drive. I have had my share of computer problems and don't really trust them. And this is from a computer professional of almost 40 years. I still know that a machine can freeze up and then where are you left?

I also have shredded several documents that are no longer needed for tax or government purposes. Since none of the companies that I have started are in business and the statute of limitations with the IRS is past as well as with the Department of Transportation I can destroy all my records. I will have five or six four drawer file cabinets available for all my sewing and quilting records. AND I won't have to dust them either!

Have a great day, Karen