Friday, August 8, 2008

What am I doing?

Last night I read two more of the quilt magazines that I picked up from Guild. They must have had 100 issues of old magazines that someone was giving away. What was interesting is that a magazine from the 80's had the same pattern as one of my magazines that I got within the last two weeks. The traditional patterns never go out of style, do they?

I purchased EQ6 a few months ago and have been dabbling with it ever since. Recently I became aware that EQ has mystery quilts on their website. I started with the previous quilt about two weeks ago and finished it up last night. Boy did I learn things about EQ that I hadn't learned yet. Tomorrow is my first lesson from Q.U. called EQ6 Sampler. It is taught by Fran Gonzales the EQ guru. I am sure that I will learn bunches from her. Also have another EQ mystery quilt to start. Looks like a lot of time will be spent on the computer.

The three books and the floor layout portfolio that I ordered have all come in. I started a basic layout for my sewing room/quilt studio and I don't have enough room in the family room to put everything! Maybe I should get the actual dimensions of the room and the placement of the windows, fireplace and doors. I always seem to do things backwards. I definitely got the carriage before the horse on this one.

Tonight my employer is taking the entire company to an event. It is to be held at the U.S. Bank Arena in downtown Cincinnati. We are getting free parking, free entrance to the Event and free beverages and snacks inside the arena. We won't know who the entertainment is until the introduction at 8:00 this evening. The last time CFC did this they had Bill Cosby come during the business day and all the employees were outside enjoying a carnival kind of atmosphere with ice cream and soda. If they could get Bill Cosby, can we even imagine who they will have tonight. Some many names of entertainers are being speculated about. I imagine that only 5 or 10 upper level management know who it is for sure and one individual in Corporate Accounting that paid the fee to the entertainer. I will let you know who it is when I blog next.

I am not sure exactly what I am going to do this weekend. I know that reading is OUT! I cannot afford the time. I have too many UFO's to work on and time is getting short on the Alaska baby quilts.

They last few weeks I have been struggling with envy. One of my friends from Guild has a new Grace quilting frame and a new long arm quilting machine. I die of envy every time she blogs about it or mentions it. I have been looking at a Grace frame called Gracie II. It will take a long arm quilting machine or even a regular sewing machine. The amount of space that is available for quilting depends on the machine. It can be anything from 6" to 18" for the professional long arm. Am I getting too self centered and wanting this too much? I have the cash to pay for the frame and it is upgradable as far as the machine for the future. I figure the frame and the necessary accessories will be about $1250. Is that too much to be spending? I have to really think about this. When I talk to my DH James he seems to encourage me. Is that because he knows how much I love quilting or because he then thinks that we can go and get a new motorcycle for him. You know the yang and yang of that type of thing in a marriage. I must not pursue this aggressively. Patience girl, patience!

Enough for now. Have a great day, Karen

No comments: