Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh how I wish I could work on my to do list

Good intentions never accomplished anything. If I don't work in my family room I cannot have my sewing room / studio. Does that make me go down there and work. Nope. I piece my quilt tops instead.
I have given up on trying to make the Trip Around the World a post on my blog. I just forget to take pictures as I go along and take off sewing. Sorry. If anyone wants the instructions and the photos I do have, leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will send them to you.
Last night I got most of the top put together. Once I have it finished I will take the two tops to JoAnn's and get backing and binding fabric for them. The fabrics for the tops are not "baby" fabric so the backs will have to be "baby" fabric!
Big weekend coming up. Two days to work on the house. I would love to give the family room floor a really good SCRUB! It has been too long since it had more than a lick and a promise (if you know what I mean). To do this I will have to put a lot of things out by the street for the garbage man. I have Saturday and Sunday to do this since the garbage man comes early on Monday morning. Wish me luck, please.
My next EQ6 class assignment should be available at 6:00 P.M. EDT this evening. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. If I can finish it tonight then that will leave me all of the rest of the weekend to work on house cleaning.
If you haven't already guessed, I HATE HOUSE CLEANING! I am my own worst enemy as far as this housewifely practice is. I strongly believe in a place for everything and everything in it's place. BUT, I don't have a place for everything I have and therefore do not put away things. I am known as person who is controlled by my stuff instead of me controlling it. I have several books on how to get rid of clutter. That is the problem...too many books about it and I cannot seem to follow the directions.
Enough.
Have a great day, Karen

No comments: