Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I digress

Today I need to sit on the pity pot for a while. The last two days have been (deleted expletive)! DH has had two very "bad" days in a row. It caught me off guard. Then he asked me to promise that I would not tell the doctor at our next meeting. He is so out of it that I don't know what to do. He is taking his pills at the wrong time and consequently he is drugged instead of medicated. Then my small quilting group on Mondays totally ignored me last night. I finally left at 8:30. I was the first one to leave, but I was close to crying.

Off the pity pot!

I have almost finished the second Alaska baby quilt. Only three rows to sew on and then the two major sides to sew together. I plan on finishing the top tonight.

Saturday I made a major road trip. Jo Ann's Fabric, Staples, Half Price Books and Meijer's. Polka Dot material...I didn't own a single piece. Sentimental Stitches is starting a polka dot garden so I loaded up on 1/4 yd pieces of each that Jo Ann's had. Along with that I got several pieces of fabric that will work as the backing for my charity quilts and some foam core board to make a design wall in my new studio. Staples was a stop for more color ink cartridges for my printer. I am going through them at the rate of two a month. Half Price Books was just to look for books by Chiaverini and another author. I ended spending $50 on books from idiot's guide to home security to beginning wood working. At Meijer's all I was going to get was two book shelves. I walked out with three book shelves, one computer desk, three lamps, three lamp shades and an African violet for my flower garden in the kitchen window. Wow, what an expensive day!

Myrna Giesbrecht is starting her Studio Makeover classes from her website on September 8. I need to gut the family room before that. After this top is completed the sewing machine is going to be packed up and I am getting to work! I am excited and just a little worried. I have never approached a total renovation of a room before. I guess the class will keep me on the straight and narrow and I will end up with my dream sewing studio in the end.

Have a great day, Karen

No comments: