Friday, August 22, 2008

Cub Scout Vest

Today I spent my lunch hour finishing attaching patches to my grandson's Cub Scout Vest. For someone who has only been in scouts for 12 months that kid has so many patches my fingers are sore from sewing them on. They must use some of the hardest plastic in some of these patches. But Gramma loves the responsibility of putting them on. It is one way I can show him how much I care.

DD told me that there will be some more patches soon. I cannot wait. I love to put them on for Jeremy.

Tomorrow will have very little to do with quilting. We are going to visit my MIL in Falmouth. My DH youngest son, wife and daughter are supposed to be visiting at the same time. I will have to keep the two men apart. They do not get along well. DH son has a difficult past and it keeps coming up again and again. I hope that someday he grows up to be the man his father is.

DH has so many wonderful qualities and it is a shame to see them disappearing into his dementia. It is hard to deal with loosing someone while they are still there. I think I said this once before, but it bears repeating. I am loosing my soul mate and at some time he will forget who he is and who I am. A veil of tears.

Unless you have gone through this you cannot begin to imagine the fear and sorrow and anger that courses through me. I want to fix it but I cannot do a d... thing about it. I know that we all will die some day, but what a horrible way to go and how hard on the family. My MIL watches DH like a hawk. She cannot believe what she sees when we visit. Her heart is breaking just like mine is. Sometimes all I want to do is strike out at everyone around me and make them see that I am falling apart in side. All they see is the anger and it pushes them away. Why oh why cannot friends be friends when you need them most?

I need something happy to think and talk about. I got another e-mail from Myrna today. She is in the process of setting up the first lesson for the Studio Makeover. Until then I have 16 days to get my family room ready for the invasion of the major alteration it will be under going. Wonder what the garbage man will think on Monday? And then again on the following Monday? And finally on the last Monday before my class starts. I hope that a lot of what goes out will be recycled. That it will not end up in the land fill.

There are several project that I want to complete before the end of September. Wish me luck as I work on my UFO list and complete things.

Love you all, and have a great weekend. Karen