Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another Day Without Power

I got a shower for the first time since Monday morning by the grace of my daughter. Teresa and her husband invited us over for showers, laundry and supper last night. What a blessing!

No quilting news because we spent the entire evening with them. I love my grandson. He is so full of joy and happiness.

Today when I get home if we still don't have power I am going to try and dig out my treadle sewing machine and see if it still works. I want to quilt during my down time.

My employer has rewarded all employees who showed up at work on Monday after the terrible wind storm. We are all getting an additional 1/2 day of vacation for the 2008 year. I am going to cherish mine. You better believe it!

DH is worse. Weekly visits from home nursing. On oxygen 24/7/365. Don't' know where this will lead. God never gives us anything we cannot already handle. We don't know the strength within us until we are challenged.

Have a great day, Karen