Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I keep finding things

Yesterday after work and before the sun went down I went into my old sewing room with a flashlight (yes, we still don't have power after 48 hours) and started rummaging around. I found several of my BOM packages that I plan to take to my quilt retreat. I also found another Kid's Komfort that needs layering and quilting.

It was really too dark after supper to do much. I don't see how our ancestors did any needlework with light from an oil lamp or a candle. How did they do that?

The dogs are adapting to the lack of lamp light. Although I think that they think we have gone crazy with the flash lights and oil lamps. I even am using a different alarm clock and they haven't figured it out yet. I get extra sleep time. Yeh!

DH is trying to adapt an inverter from his truck driving days to recharge his cell phone and laptop. Then he is going to try to get the refrigerator a little colder. We may be able to save some of our groceries.

Well, have a great day, Karen