Friday, September 19, 2008

HAPPY DANCE

Our power was restored yesterday at 7:00 in the evening. We still have power this morning. This weekend will be general pickup after the storm both inside and outside of the house. I really need to run the vacuum!

I found the perfect pattern for a lap quilt for DH in an old issue of Quilt. It is a Navajo block and will work perfectly with my stash of red fabric and a package of six 1/2 yard fabrics that I picked up about 6 months ago. I am not certain when I will start it, but soon.

After all the restoration of normalcy in our home (from the storm and its aftermath) I am going to get the treadle machine out of storage and into the living room. It will be a statement of my love of sewing and once I learn how to use it again it will become my sewing machine for special projects and for power outages. I will never be without a sewing machine again!

Have a great day, Karen