Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update

Last night was spent organizing my quilting supplies with the goal of being ready for the Crafty Friends 2nd Annual Retreat in October. I found the hiding place of several of my supplies and organized them with the retreat in mind. I also labeled some of my mini storage boxes so I know what is in them without opening. A simple solution to something that has driven me to insanity from time to time.

I am on countdown to the retreat. With DH health declining so rapidly I do not think I will be to many more retreats in the near future. Until he is so ill that he cannot be left alone and must be institutionalized, by primary role with be caregiver. I don't know how I will juggle work and caregiver, but with each passing day the definition has become more clear and even with rapid changes, I seem to adapt. God says He will never allow something in our lives that we are not already prepared to handle. I am leaning on the promise with all my belief.

Today I completed the minor pick up of clutter in the dining room. I moved the knick knack cabinet that my MIL gave us to a corner that is a little more out of the way in case DH falls in that room. Then a quick dust and put back with crystal that is stored there. I also moved one of the extra chairs in the dining room to a more convienient place so that DH can walk around the dining table with ease. Just a little thing to make his day easier. The other extra chair is where I lay my purse and carryall bag when I get home from work. A few things had piled up and I sorted them and put them were they belong. My mother always said a place for everything and everything in it's place. I am trying to apply this more and more to my daily life.

This afternoon I will be running some small errands and then home to more straightening. If I get all my goals completed I will allow myself all Saturday evening and all day Sunday for quilting and piecing. Now that is what I call a reward and there are no calories involved.

Have a great day, Karen