Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monday and Quilting

Yesterday I almost completed the quilting on one of the baby "Trip Around the World" quilts. I will finish the quilting this evening. Then I will layer the second baby "Trip Around the World" and start quilting it. The first was quilting with straight line quilting diagonally through the rectangles of the patches. Sewing through the bias was very interesting. The second I will be implementing some techniques I learned from one of our Guild's visiting quilt teachers. I am going to try a simple curving stitch down the seam lines between the patches. I envision the curves going into the patches and making a pleasant change to the puffiness of the finished quilt.

I made some real progress in the process of getting my family room ready for the studio makeover. As soon as I get one area in the back corner ready I will be moving my computer system into it. This way I can combine all of my hobbies in one area and free up the smallest bedroom to be what it is designed for. It has been my computer room and office since January, 2000. That is when I had my hip replaced. The computer remained there when DH had both knees replaced in December, 2000 and through several knee surgeries for me prior to my knee replacement in September, 2006. I am doing much better with the stairs now and feel that I can take my computer system back downstairs.

My EQ6 class is slowly coming along. I have fallen behind in the lessons and plan on setting some time aside each evening this week to play catch up. I want to finish the lesson prior to the end of the class so that I can ask as many questions as possible. This is a great product and I can see some fantastic quilts in my future.

A Christian friend of my was talking about how her walk with God is progressing. She reads from the Bible every day. I have been reading some scripture, but if I want to walk the walk I need to be more regular in all aspects of my spiritual life. Just praying is not enough. The Word of God is also necessary to keep me on the path. How wonderful to have a friend who likes me whether I am happy or sad, angry or glad; who takes me as I am and points the direction chich is most in tune with my goals of spirituality.

Have a great day, Karen