Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Studio Makeover

My teacher for Studio Makeover has had some major life style changes either chosen or forced on her. Family and personal goals have changed the direction of her life and as a result I will not be able to study with her. I honor her choices for it must be hard to make a 180 degree turn in your life because your know it is the right thing to do. There is always that little piece (I believe it is the adversary) that keeps telling you to ignore responsibilities and move in the direction YOU want to go.

I have the first two lessons of her syllabus and her book on Studio Makeover. I will use these along with my common sense and the help of DH to make a studio that will fulfill the functions I need and provide some quality time for the two of us to work together. I will be learning some skills from DH before he forgets the skills. This is foresight in my part, because I know there will be many things that I rely on him to do that he needs to teach me. It may help lessen his depression in the process.

Yesterday I went to JoAnn's to exchange a purchase I had made in error. They were kind enough to honor the 40% coupon on my new purchase. This is a wonderful shop for supplies for quilting and other crafts and the employees are so helpful. I love to go in and talk to them.

This morning while getting ready for work a did a couple of small chores around the house. Just putting away a pair of needle nosed pliers was a success and I did do more than just that one thing. I ran the dishwasher so it will be ready to empty when I get home. Another success. Each success builds the path to another.

I am not sure what my plans are for this evening. I will leave you in suspense to find out tomorrow.

Have a great day, Karen