Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I hope that everyone who can read this and has dealt with the hurricane and its aftermath is okay.
Here in the Cincinnati, Ohio area we were struck with the remnants of Ike in the form of very high winds and gusts of wind of hurricane force. The greater Cincinnati airport was closed for a number of hours as they had to evacuate the tower.
My neighborhood had houses with shingles and aluminum siding blown off. Many people are using their grills to cook.
My employer is open for business as usual, but my home has been without power for 18 hours and I expect that everything in the refrigerator and the freezer is ready for the garbage man.
My prayers go out to those who have lost loved ones and their homes. May the Lord or higher power that you believe in guide and protect you in the coming days.
Karen